Whether you are a quilter, crafter or garment seamstress, you'll love this latest essential tool...the Line Drafter. What makes this different from other ordinary quilting rulers is the permanently attached handle. Get a good grip, it never will release (like suction cup handles often do). It's not visually obtrusive. It offers total maneuverability when drawing on both vertical and horizontal surfaces.
1. Dimensions: 6" wide x 24" long (15 cm x 61cm) - great for drawing long grainline markings.
2. Manufactured from clear plastic - it's easy to see through and great when working with the Sure-Fit Designs Tracing Vellum.
3. 1/8" thick plastic - rigid and stable for easy maneuvering.
Markings & Designations:
1. Inch (Imperial) rule on one long edge and one short end - for those who prefer to work in inches.
2. Centimeter/millimeter rule on one long edge and one short end - great for all our international customers prefering to work in metric.
3. Seam Allowances:
- 5/8" (16mm) seam allowance marks/lines on both long edges - easy to draw standard seam allowances on long edges: e.g. pattern pant legs.
- 1/2" (13mm) seam allowance mark/lines on one short end - offers an optional seam allowance width.
- 3/8" (10mm) seam allowance mark/lines on the other short end - great for sewing knits with narrower seam allowance requirements.
4. Grid lines 1" (2.5cm) apart throughout the drafter - great for quilter's and garment seamstresses alike.
5. 45 degree angle lines - for drawing and cutting true bias lines - great for bias binding and designs such as cowl neck draping.
The Line Drafter features a permanently attached handle! It's sturdy, has enough depth even for a man's (larger) hand. It allows for extreme ease of maneuverability whether you are drawing or cutting on a vertical or horizontal surface.
I know you'll appreciate all the benefits and ease of use!